31 October 2005

My fat ass proves useful

Mel the Klutz (or Auntie Klutz, as I'm comign to be known in some BU circles...) lived up to the namesake on Saturday. Stupid me went up to put on stupid socks because I was getting cold, and then walked down the wooden stairs and went FWOOOM... bouncing down about a half-dozen or so before I landed at the bottom, stopped by the wall.

I'm sore, but nothing's broken. I've got some oh-so-beautiful bruises on my ass cheeks, though. And the only reason I think nothing is broken is because I have all of this padding. The ONE thing that's good about being fat is the padding when I fall.

As I talked about it with Erich yesterday, I seriously think the only reason I managed to keep ON my butt was due to dance training as a kid. From age 12 to 18, I was doing drop rolls as part of dance routines. Instictively, I just landed correctly on the stair, and managed to literally bounce my ass down them. Granted, a bit too quickly for my liking, but considering the alternative...

*shudder*


So I'm sore. I'm walking a bit stiff. And I'll deal with cold feet all winter, because FUCK repeating THAT again.

Ow.



And I still don't know what I'm writing about for NaNo. I'm so fucking doomed.

No comments: