28 November 2007

What the heck has been up with me...

So, if it weren't obvious, I haven't been posting a lot lately. Although that should be clarified with an over here. Because at LiveJournal, I've been extremely active. For some reason, it's just an easier place to congregate. I dunno - maybe it has some of the ease of the old Diary-X system. I know when people update there because I have friends' lists.

I feel a bit lonely over here at times.

*sigh*

But anyway... I can't believe it's the end of November already. And contrary to the silence in my blog, no... I didn't do NaNoWriMo this year. I signed up, but never really got writing, never felt all that jazzed for it... so... meh.

What HAS been happening is a whole lot of running around since the weekend of our wedding. Absolute madness. Life returning to normal, scrambling to start returning to the things both Erich and I had blown off for months as part of our "planning a wedding, can't talk now!" excuse. It's amazing how off-kilter life gets when planning such a big event. I am finally starting to feel - this WEEK - that I'm myself again. It took two months to feel normal. Insane. I think the wedding took a permanent toll on my ability to remember things, though. I used to have a pretty good memory - but now I barely can remember things week to week. It's maddening.

Married life is good. Honestly, it doesn't feel that different than it did before, although I imagine I'll find little things along the way that feel different. I have an extra ring on the finger, and official documents are slowly being transferred from one name to another. Hearing Erich's last name as my own is a bit weird. But I CAN sign it comfortably, which is a relief. But it's so comfortable saying, "this is my husband."

I take that as a very good thing. Especially being the one who was convinced she'd be alone her entire life.

Now that the wedding's over, we're both moving into our own little worlds again, which always circle one another and about half the time come together - the comfortable balance that we always seem to have.

Erich's been extremely busy with the affairs of his mom's estate. Things are moving along, slowly but surely. Honestly, from what I gather, the vast majority of the runaround work is done. Now it's down to selling the house in Massachusetts that Debbie had inherited half of from her mother (Debbie's sister owns the other half). Selling the house, particularly in this market, will be a challenge. But it will be a huge relief to both Erich's aunt and him. And hopefully it'll be able to move us forward in some house updates that I'd love to get started - like... getting rid of the wallpaper that's partially coming down on its own, replastering, repainting, etc.

Meanwhile, I've been busy on the weekends with all things sorority related, it seems. I've spent a good deal of my weekends since late September up in Boston for one reason or another - alumni meetings, rush events and degrees with the actives. I even took a little sister (kin sister, actually, since I'm alum). His name's Mark. It's odd being officially tied to a line in the sorority again - since my direct line of little sisters died before I graduated from college. But it's fantastic to be tied closer to the chapter as a whole again.

And I've been doing that odd thing that's sprouted up in the past couple years - having a social life. I don't know where this came from. I really don't. But suddenly, I have a fairly large and diverse circle of friends, any of which I can call and say "hey, let's go do xyz on Friday," and actually have them say "sure, yeah!" So weird. I spent so many years as the wallflower that always felt left behind. Having friends that actually WANT to do things together? God, it's wonderful.

The geeky stuff still continues, although not as intense as it used to be. That may return, though. We're just now getting back into a couple Dungeons & Dragons and other tabletop games.

Sports? Oh, gotta love New England right now. :) Well, I guess folks outside of New England don't like us right now. But you know what I mean.

I've continued to dig into all things Doctor Who in my spare time. I'm currently watching the very early episodes... from 1963. I'm still amused how the TARDIS for the most part is exactly the same - even the sound effects! With the WGA strike, I'm thankful for the volumes of Who material I have to dig through. Only 43 years... should keep me busy.

Work continues to go well. I've now been at my job for a year. Other than a few workmates, I don't miss the other place at all. I do find, though, that some of the things people gripe about at my current office simply don't bother me - because they're NOWHERE near as hellish as what I dealt with before. It's just amazing.

And that's about it, I suppose.

Much more to come - Holidailies is just around the corner. :)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm always amazed at how you find time to do as much as you do :)

Anonymous said...

I miss your comments over her. I don't have a lot of time to access the computer in the evening and so I don't have access to live journal. I always feel like I am staying in tough with you this way.

Andi

TexasPeach said...

I was feeling a little Blah so I started a journal over here and have been cross posting some of my LJ entries just to see if I can get me some fresh new buds but it ain't happening. That said...you are always so busy. Me? I am busy but it is only with Scott H and school and working (which I love so much that it doesn't even seem like work most days). Scott is still traveling a lot with work which leaves me here with the boy (and the dog and the two guineas) and no social life. I'm glad you posted (I never can follow the fanfic stuff so most of your LJ posts go right over my old lady head!!)