28 June 2007

Wedding Planning Insanity Day #1

My mom's up in Rhode Island for a couple days so we can hammer the last big pieces into place with our planning.

I went for my dress fitting this morning - which was again much less painful (aside from a pin scratch that had me slightly bleeding a bit onto the dress at my armpit. *sigh* They said they could easily get it out.

Anyway... here's the pinned, but not yet ironed first photos of me in my dress, realizing how oddly surreal this all is - and how very real it's going to be in less than three months:
http://pics.livejournal.com/measi/gallery/0000eatp

After my fitting, we waited around the house for my mom to arrive - then headed to North Providence to meet with a potential florist. And all three of us REALLY liked her. She's done several weddings at Mount Hope Farm before, so she knows their restrictions (no loose petals for flower girls, etc), and immediately was talking about things that we could use at the ceremony and then reuse for the reception - which of course my mom loved hearing... a florist who's thinking of ways to get the most out of the flowers.

We then went for dinner in Federal Hill (the Italian neighborhood in Providence) and stuffed ourselves full of incredibly yummy food. During which time, the following conversation took place:

Mom asks "So did you get your shoes?"

"Yep." (I hadn't planned on telling her that I wasn't wearing wedding shoes... surprise her on the day in case she hates the idea)

"You didn't buy them when we bought your dress, though, right? What did you get? Ballet slippers?"

"No- but they're flat."

"Oh, okay. And comfy, I hope?"

"Oh yes."

"Please tell me you're not wearing Doc Martens."

"No - too clunky. Love them, but I'd be clomping."

"You got Mary Janes."

"Nope."

"Oh, I don't know - Converse high-tops then?"

*this would be where I stare at her in amusement, and Erich just starts laughing.*

She got it in three.

And surprisingly LOVES the idea, particularly for my ankle support, and immediately started suggesting I doll them up with organza ribbons for shoelaces (which is what I was planning to do to anyway) and flowers or bows on the toes. *snicker*.

Tomorrow - we will eat cake! Lots of cake! And then go see another florist down in the area where the cake maker is - although we really did like today's florist a LOT.


And my invites are here - eep!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dress looks great! :)

Unknown said...

You look absolutely beautiful. And happy. I am glad that your talking to your mom. Miss you.

Anonymous said...

All I cay say is YAY!!!! Glad things are going well and hope the cake and florist wasn't a hard decision. Can't wait to see you and esp can't wait for the BIG DAY!!! :)