13 February 2007

Moving on...

Yes, I'm feeling a bit better. Had a calming discussion with Melinda via IM last week. Pounded around a bit. Had my internal temper tantrum. It's out of my system.

No, I haven't talked to my mom yet since. *shrug* Although I have sent her an email to get addresses for save the dates. I'm sure we'll be talking at some point this week, and I'm sure that she'll either 1) pretend like it never happened, or 2) start up again. At which I'll most likely cut her off, tell her enough, and let her know that I'm working on photographers, DJs, and gathering addresses... and if that's not enough for her, then chill out.

My Save the Dates are ordered. (and yes, I will continue to type out Save the Dates instead of abbreviating it, because wedding invites should not sound like sexual diseases).

I'm 99% sure on the people I'd like to ask to be in my wedding party, too. I'm a bit torn on one bridesmaid spot because there are three different people I want standing there. But I have to make a choice. *sigh*

I have a lead on a DJ from a friend's wedding that we really enjoyed this past year. I need to get in contact with him to see what his rates are, his availability, etc. Finding a photographer is the next tricky thing. I have a couple friends who are quite good. One is invited to the wedding, and I'm sure she'll be bringing her camera... but I don't want to impose. The other is so obnoxiously busy (in a very good way) with painting that I also don't want to impose. And I feel somewhat squicky asking a friend to do our photos anyway. I've debated contacting the Rhode Island School of Design (RISD) and research some grad student photographers. Photography is one of those things I honestly am willing to cut costs on. I'm personally very anti-traditional wedding photo. I know a lot of them aren't that way these days and that they do the fantastic "captured moments" style photography for weddings (which is what I want), but most of the ones I'm finding are still way too expensive for what I want to spend.

So slowly... surely... I'm getting stuff done.

No comments: