07 February 2007

Meandering

I haven't meant to be so quiet in my journal over the past few weeks (or months... or however long it's actually been). I'm a bit annoyed that my journal seems to be evolving into something very meme-tastic with little other substance. Hopefully I can fix that.

That being said... my brain has been on one of its inner-retreat since Christmas, and I've embraced it completely. I made no resolutions this year. I think I finally figured out that putting resolutions to paper meant that I was guaranteed to break them. But somehow, my behavior in 2007 has been wandering down a theme - reclaiming myself.

So my free time has been filled with goofy timewasters:
- Watching the new incarnation of Doctor Who... a lot
- Watching just about anything else I can find with David Tennant in it. (currently the songs from Blackpool are stuck rotating in my head.)
- Filling my iPod with all things video for my commute
- Playing an unusually small amount of World of Warcraft
- Reading fanfic. Lots and lots of fanfic.
- Attempting (and failing) to write fanfic. *sigh*
- Stitching (although that's not exactly a time waster)

Meditating (again.. not exactly a time waster)



Overall, I'm not exactly productive. But that's okay.

Except that I've been slacking... badly... in the wedding planning department. I just am not getting excited about the planning. It's just kinda there, and I know I'll get it done. But I should be excited about planning a wedding, shouldn't I? I mean... I'm now down to less than nine months, and I'm just eh...

Don't get me wrong. I'm excited at the prospect of becoming Erich's wife. I guess I'm just not feeling this whole pomp and circumstance thing.

And it bothers me.

No comments: