26 April 2006

The cat needs braces

After a couple years of putting it off, entirely due to expenses, Erich and I squished Colley into the carrier this morning and carted him off to the vet. In his unique fashion, he told us off the entire way. You see, Colley always has this expression on his face that translates to "I didn't do it... don't kill me please..." Today, he accusingly was yowling for the five minutes it takes to drive into Warwick to the vet. He was convinced-- we're going to kill him.

And PETA nuts... this isn't in the literal sense... we're talking jovial here. I'm not killing cats, nor do I want to kill cats. Trust me-- I'm what you call a Crazy Cat Lady In Training-- we have five. We love all five. We spoil all five. I am well aware that Colley's a wuv (spelled exactly that way). It's HIM that seems to think I'm going to kill him.

Nope-- Colley's at the vet, getting his teeth cleaned. And if you thought it was a production to get human teeth cleaned at the dentist... heh, I've got news for you. $350+ news for you. They put the cat under general anesthesia-- which makes perfect sense, of course. But that means some extra bucks. And even more, if Colley winds up getting a tooth pulled (entirely possible, the poor guy). But hopefully this will decrease the not-caused-by-fish Fish Breath (ick), and give him a new lease on life. He's dealt with ginvitivis for a while now, plus he's lost half of the little milk teeth in the front between his canines. The ones that are left are extremely crooked. I'm a bad mother-- I should have done this a while ago. :(

My cat needs braces. And a couple bridges. Do they make them for teeth that small? And why am I getting the strange image of my cat having to wear the backward over-the head muzzle-style headgear that I had for my braces?

Heh.

Anyway, the preparations for today's plans began at midnight, when all food and water was pulled away to make sure he would be okay when put under. Bear in mind, pulling away the food from Colley also means that we had a total of FIVE irritated cats this morning. Around the 3 or 4 a.m. hour, the first round of antics began. As soon as the alarm went off after seven, we had a cat swarm on the bed.

I know he's going to be fine, but I hope he doesn't hate me for too long tonight. :(

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Superb post ,I really like it. thanks for bringing freshness in this topic. admin I have read a lot of articles but nothing with the recent updates about this topic. Your article came as a great help.Thanks
Cheap Braces Markham