19 May 2009

Green thumb!


Raised herb garden bed
Originally uploaded by measi.
The first stage of planting is now in the ground - my herb garden is built (as you can see in the photo), and my veggies are now in their earthboxes.

This year's herbs include: thyme, sage, 4 types of basil, cilantro, dill, mint, lavender, garlic chives, and lemon balm (aka "melissa"). Vegetables include 3 types of tomato (beefsteak, roma, and chocolate cherry), green bell peppers, jalepenos, and cucumbers.

Photos of them and other stuff in my yard, including the daylilies of doom, are up on Flickr, too.

Sometime early next week I plan on getting flowers for pots around the yard - color is good! :) No idea what I'm planting yet - I'll just see what looks good and interesting at the nursery.

I've also added some photos to the Boston and Rhode Island sections, and finally got the photos from our trip to Chicago up. I haven't really gone through to delete bad ones yet... so there are quite a few crappy ones, I'm sure.

No comments: