15 August 2007

Thursday Thirteen #27: Movie Quotes

If I don't do these lists on Wednesday night, I always forget.

For this week's Thursday Thirteen, I'll be listing thirteen quotations from some of my favorite movies. No two quotes are from the same movie.

Can you guess them? :)


1) "Dad, do you think there's people on other planets?" "I don't know, Sparks. But I guess I'd say if it is just us... seems like an awful waste of space."

2) "What? Probably some local fisherman, out for a pleasure cruise, at night... in... eel-infested waters... "

3) "Put... ze candle... *back*! "

4) "I'll be in my bunk."

5) "Uh, we had a slight weapons malfunction, but uh... everything's perfectly all right now. We're fine. We're all fine here now, thank you. How are you?"

6) "The hell you will. He's got a two day head start on you, which is more than he needs. Brody's got friends in every town and village from here to the Sudan, he speaks a dozen languages, knows every local custom, he'll blend in, disappear, you'll never see him again. With any luck, he's got the grail already."

7) "You know we just don't recognize the most significant moments of our lives while they're happening. Back then I thought, well, there'll be other days. I didn't realize that that was the only day. "

8) "You don't have to go into detail. I'd appreciate it if you kept it clean." "That leaves about three pages."

9) "I have since heard of people under extreme duress speaking in strange tongues. I became conscious that a steady torrent of obscenities and swearing of all kinds was pouring out of me as I screamed."

10) "But why is the rum gone?"

11) "Everything. OK! I'll talk! In third grade, I cheated on my history exam. In fourth grade, I stole my uncle Max's toupee and I glued it on my face when I was Moses in my Hebrew School play. In fifth grade, I knocked my sister Edie down the stairs and I blamed it on the dog... When my mom sent me to the summer camp for fat kids and then they served lunch I got nuts and I pigged out and they kicked me out... But the worst thing I ever done - I mixed a pot of fake puke at home and then I went to this movie theater, hid the puke in my jacket, climbed up to the balcony and then, t-t-then, I made a noise like this: hua-hua-hua-huaaaaaaa - and then I dumped it over the side, all over the people in the audience. And then, this was horrible, all the people started getting sick and throwing up all over each other. I never felt so bad in my entire life."

12) "Ray. If someone asks if you are a god, you say, "yes!" "

13) "There... is... no... sanctuary. "

11 comments:

Lori said...

Great list:) Happy TT.

Anonymous said...

1) no
2) yes
3) yes
4) yes? (sounds like a TV show closely related to a movie)
5) yes (duh)
6) yes
7) no
8) no
9) no
10) yes
11) yes
12) yes
13) I want to say yes, but I can't place it.

I'll eventually want to know the ones I missed so I can kick myself over them.

Anonymous said...

#4 is from Firefly
#5 is from Star Wars Episode 4 A New Hope
#10 is from Pirates of the Caribbean Curse of the Black Pearl
#11 is from the Goonies

Great list!

Anonymous said...

I don't know a single one, but thanks for the challenge.

Sandee said...

I don't watch TV or movies so I'm at a loss here. Haven't a clue. Have a great TT. :)

Anonymous said...

Well, some of them sounded vaguely familiar! I am sorry I can't do a better job of guessing---those were some interesting quotes!

Anonymous said...

I recognize the Indiana Jones quote but none of the others.

samulli said...

Well, I love Jayne Cobb, so #4 is a no-brainer. :o)
I recognized the Indiana Jones as well, and of course Capt. Jack Sparrow.
#13 sounds like it should be something from Highlander, but I have only ever seen them in german, so I can't be sure.
The rest is a mystery to me. But then again I don't watch all that many movies lately, I am more of a tv junkie now. (Which is why I'm pretty sure that Jayne only ever said that in Firefly, not during the movie. But I love the fact that you included it anyway, because I always love Firefly references.)

Anonymous said...

Pirates of the Caribbean was the only one I got!

As many times as I've seen Goonies, Star Wars, and Indiana Jones, I should have gotten those too!

Natalie said...

I recognized #10 - Capt Jack, of course.

Happy TT!

Anonymous said...

Ooooo, my favorite game! And I'm gearing up to get my geek on at DragonCon in two weeks, so this is nice mood-age :D

1: I've heard this, but I can't place it. (Now I'll be awake until 3, trying to figure it out...)
2: Princess Bride (Vizzini)
3: Young Frankenstein (both Frankenstein and Terri Garr's character)
4: Firefly (Jayne - War Stories, to be exact)
5: Star Wars (Han Solo)
6: Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade (Indy) [Oh and by the way, you do know that the new Indy movie will be hitting theatres next summer, right? And Marian Ravenwood's back? The new Batman movie, Indy...now we just need to hear that Joss got the funding for Serenity II. Hey, I can dream :D ]
7: uh...vaguely familiar, but not sure.
8: Don't know - sounds Kevin-Smith-oid
9: Don't know at all.
10: Pirates of the Caribbean, Curse of the Black Pearl (Captain Jack)
11: Goonies (Chunk)
12: Ghostbusters (Harold Ramis' character...I think)
13: Logan's Run (Logan's simulation, various others)