31 July 2007

You know you're officially having "a morning" when...

you make the 7:12 train from Providence, only to have it stop about two miles up the track. Ten minutes later, the conductor says that we're going back to Providence station because the Pawtucket police are investigating a fatality on the track and have shut all tracks down.

And... the conductor urges us to find "a different way to get to our destinations."

*blink*

When the MBTA is actually admitting to find another way in, everything is completely, utterly screwed. And that's the indication that you know you're going to have a morning.

Although not the MBTA's fault today. Not remotely.

And on top of that, the irony is that I left the house a half hour earlier this morning than I did yesterday... and had debated driving to Quincy to take the red line today, rather than deal with the Providence parking situation (which translates to parking at Providence Place Mall, which is $17 for the day, with no way to get my car out of hock before 10 a.m. because there are no tellers at the payment windows until then).

*snort*

Officially? I was an hour late today, as I was scheduled to open the office - Erich had thankfully not yet left the house, swung by, picked me up, and drove me to Norwood (because I was not going to Route 128 today with everyone else on the entire Providence to Boston line to pick up the Stoughton train).

But according to my normal starting time at work (9:15), I was only 15 minutes late. So by sheer coincidence, I've found an emergency back-station (as opposed to back-route) to get to work relatively easily. This is good.

No comments: