06 July 2007

I has weddingz insanities

Running through the mental checklist for the wedding has summed up my week. But we are now under three months, and it's officially "Okay... you need to get this shit done now" time.

And I just remembered that we forgot to sign the photographer contract. AGAIN.

*ugh*

Anyway... the list in the last week's accomplishments have been thusly:
- deposit for the cake
- finalized the hors d'oevres list & decided on the alcohol, style of catering, etc. from the options given
- had my fitting (god, was that only a week ago?)
- brought Masquedbunny to order her bridesmaid dress. All of the girls are now ordered.
- Erich decided up on his kilt tartan and the kilt rentals for the groomsmen
- We got in touch with my brother, miracle of miracles
- Designed and purchased my custom Wedding Chucks
- Invites arrived
- I bought stamps for said invites.
- Found our florist
- Met with said florist last night for a sample centerpiece. Absolutely lovely. She'll be sending cost estimates & contract this week.
- Drank an intriguing "ninjarita" at the impromptu Fourth of July celebration as I caught up with Sara about our wedding plans
- Did a quick tour of the hotel where my mom has reserved a block of rooms. We prefer the hotel she stayed at last week, honestly, but the one with the block *is* a half-hour closer to the wedding site, so she's keeping the block. Erich and I may rent a room at the other place, though, for our wedding night
- Dad sent me my pearls (on my request) that I got as a gift for my high school graduation. I've never worn them, and they've been at my dad's house the entire time. They should be arriving today here at work.
- Accepted the fact that no, I'm not into the wedding planning, but I'll deal, knowing that I'll have a good time on the day, even if it takes a crapload of alcohol to loosen me up

This weekend's projects (that will undoubtedly bleed into next week):
- address invites & get at least the long distance ones in the mail by Monday
- gather list of the girls for whatever Melinda is planning behind my back. (Goddess help me)
- Harass my mom for those final addresses she keeps telling me she wants added to the invite list
- Contact the spa regarding hair/massages/etc
- Contact the bridesmaids once I have prices for hair and stuff, and see who's interested, and who prefers to do their own
- Find time to sleep. A lot.

To kick off the weekend, though, we're heading to the drive-in tonight to view the Uber Manly Double Feature (TM), consisting of Transformers followed by Live Free or Die Hard. And since both are fairly long movies, we're not expecting to get home much before two a.m.

I has insanities. Mel brain go boom.

No comments: