07 March 2007

Small update

Erich's heading up to Maine now, per doctor recommendations. As of now, I'll plan on joining him for the weekend. That of course may change at any second. One way or the other, I think one of my first chores tonight will be heading to Lowes to get some extra keys for my house made to give to friends in case I need to drop and run.

The medical staff has not been able to find the source of infection-- at this point, it's internal, but they don't know where. She's going into a full body scan today.

Her heart is working at 25% capacity, and her blood pressure remains dangerously low. They want to rest her heart, but can't do that without risking losing ground on her blood pressure. It seems that that's the recurring theme... everything they can do will result in losing ground elsewhere.

In any case, for the time being I'm serving as contact point for those who want to know what's going on so Erich can focus on his mother.

- Mel.

No comments: