08 September 2008

Final UK Itinerary done...

*gasp* I know - I'm alive! Actually, just been very, very busy this summer. But yes, we're both okay - and actually, we're much better than we've been for a while. :)

I'll write a catch-up post later - but just had to do some bouncing up and down. Our trip to the UK is now only about a month away, and we've finally finished our itinerary. :)

Erich and I sat down yesterday, figured out hotels and where we're going, for how long, etc. We've had to sacrifice one leg of the trip (to Edinburgh), but it was the right one to make. We're thinking we'll plan another trip in the next couple years to do a full Celtic trip - Scotland and Ireland, and give both countries the attention they really deserve (and that we want to give them - rather than a stupid and honestly worthless overnight to Edinburgh that was the only possibility this round).

So... here's the plan. If our paths meet and you want to get together, fantastic! Just drop me a line here or via email (measiwitch@gmail.com) and we can plan something, even if it's just a pause for a cuppa somewhere. :)

Oct. 13th - arriving late into London. Staying overnight in the city.
Oct. 14th - train to Stratford in a.m., wander around town Hamlet @ 7:15
Oct. 15th - touring Stratford/Warwick Castle. Love's Labour's Lost @ 7:15
Oct. 16th - train to Cardiff, wandering city a bit once we get there.
Oct. 17th & 18th - Cardiff and day trip to Bath
Oct. 19th - train to London
Oct. 20th to 23rd - Touring London with a day trip up to York somewhere in there
Oct. 24th - home to Boston

If you've been to these places and would recommend we avoid something, please let me know. I've already heard some negative reviews on Shakespeare's birthplace as being not quite worth the admission, for example.

We have definite plans for Warwick Castle, Cardiff Castle, all sorts of random Doctor Who/Torchwood related stuff, and history geeking in both Bath and York.

*squee*

2 comments:

bozoette said...

I hope you have an amazing time! Bon voyage!

Heather said...

You will have a fantastic time! I haven't been to Cardiff since I was a child, but spent a lot of time in Bath. (Since I did my masters through U of Bath...) There is a ton to do and see. But my biggest piece of advice it to make sure you do take "down time". Time to just relax and enjoy being somewhere else! Have a fabulous trip!